- American Canoe Association - National organization providing paddling education; stewardship support to protect paddling environments; and promotion of paddlesport competition, exploration and recreation.
- American Whitewater Association - National organization to conserve and restore America's whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.
- Qajaq USA - National society promoting traditional Greenland paddling technique and tradition.
Indiana Trip Planning Sites
National Trip Planning Sites
Sea Kayak Planning Tools
- Sea Kayak Trip Sponsor Guide (2017) - A guide to planning and leading a Sea Kayak adventure. Some parts are specific to the HCKC but most directly relate to any trip that you might plan.
- Great Lake Text Weather Forecast - Text version of what you hear on your VHF radio
- National Weather Service Great Lakes Map - Site with Temperature, Wave, and Wind predictions for Great Lakes
- NOAA Chart Site - Site where you can order NOAA Navigational charts or download raster versions of Nav. Charts. After you get the raster versions of the charts, you can crop them to only the area where you will be paddling and then print them so you can use them on youor trip.
Indiana Stream Protection Groups
Sources for Used Equipment
- Rusted Moon Broad Ripple supplier of paddling , kayaking, canoe, SUP, backpacking, and travel gear. A long-term sponsor for the HCKC Pirate Party
- Sun Valley Sports Hobie Dealer
- Eagle Creek Kayaks For recreational and fishing kayaks
- REI National supplier of Paddler, camping, cycling, equipment with a store in Indianapolis.
- Nanthahala Outdoor Center - National Whitewater Trips and Instruction in Bryson City, NC. The place to go for WW training.
- Uncommon Adventure - Sea Kayak Trip and Instruction near Sleeping Bear Dunes, MI. Trips in Great Lakes, Honduras, Southeast US, Iceland-Greenland, and Alaska. Run by Michael Gray.