Trip Sponsor: Jeff Stejskal
THIS IS A LEVEL 2 HCKC Sea Kayaking Trip (possible Level 3 conditions) Please review trip level chart before signing up. Trip Level Guide 1-2021.docx
Trip Update and changed
Lake Monroe paddlers,
The forecast is not looking very good for Saturday. The light rain has turned into all day rain with heavy rain possible along with chance of thunder storms.
That wouldn't be very good conditions for day paddle or camping overnight. I'm changing this to a day paddle on Sunday morning when the forecast looks better.
NWS forecast Lake Monroe
Weather Underground Bloomington, IN
Sunday: April 11th.
Meeting Time: 10:30 am Cutright Public access
Ready to Launch Time: 11 am
Explore the east side of causeway around Dean Wilderness area. Around 3 to 4 hr. paddle with lunch stop on the shoreline. Back to the vehicles by 3 PM at the latest.
Registration: Please register on the club web site or email if necessary.
Meeting Place/Put-In: Cutright Public Access Site. This is about 2 hours from the intersection of Hwy 37 and I-465 on the southeast side of Indianapolis. (Google Map) Note: Hwy 37 has a detour so plan ahead.
Directions to Meeting Place: Take Hwy 446 south from Hwy 46 on the east side of Bloomington to the Lake Monroe causeway. Cutright is the first turn on your left immediately after you cross the causeway. Go to the first boat ramp that you come to after leaving Hwy 446.
What to Bring: Bring your paddling gear, spray skirt, food for lunch. You should also bring drinking water with you.
Be sure to have a 2021 Indiana DNR Nonmotorized Boat Permit. You should be able to pick one up on the way to the meeting place, either at the DNR headquarter on Hwy 446 on the north side of the entrance to the Paynetown SRA or at the gate for the Paynetown SRA.
Required Equipment: Depending on the temperatures, wet suits or dry suits are recommended. Due to potentially rough lake conditions, spray skirts, safety equipment, and sea/touring kayaks with fore and aft bulkheads are required.
Contact information: Jeff Stejskal firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact me by 7:00 pm on the Saturday before the trip if you want to come. Be sure to contact me since I will monitor weather forecasts prior to the trip and I will let the people who have contacted me know if there will be changes to or cancelation of the trip due to the expected conditions.
Covid Policy: During all scheduled club activities we will follow CDC and Local mask and social distancing guidelines. Participants are expected to withdraw from the event if experiencing symptoms or if in a quarantine status.