HCKC Pool Sessions
To Sign Up: Contact Dave Ellis to make sure that some one who you can work with will be there.
Wednesday Evening Pool Session - 7 PM to 9 PM From Wednesday, April 3, 2019 through Wednesday, Nov. 27th, 2019
These pool sessions are focused on skill refinement and individual practice for whitewater kayakers, whitewater and open canoeists, recreational kayakers, and sea kayakers - seeking to practice bracing, rolling, open water reentries, etc. The pool is also popular with freestyle play boaters who want to learn flat water moves such as cartwheels, squirts and stalls and with sea kayakers wanting to refine their roll or work on open water rescues. It is also a great place to meet other paddlers, find out about upcoming trips, and try out different boats and paddles. Participants often go out for refreshments afterwards.
Pool sessions are held at:
Thatcher Recreation Center
4649 W. Vermont St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222
HCKC POOL POLICIES
- Participants must sign in each session and pay $10.00 per family per session to cover pool rental.
- Please make certain your boat is clean and free of debris inside and out before bringing it into the pool.
- First time participants must check-in with the pool coordinator before entering the pool.
- Participants must be able to swim.
- Participants must have the ability to self-rescue (wet exit at a minimum).
- First time visitors must demonstrate this ability.
- Participation is restricted to HCKC members and their one-time guests.
- Participants must maintain control of their boats and equipment at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There will be no swimming or diving.
- Participants are expected to be courteous and safety conscious at all times.
- Indy Park Rules require that no one or their equipment is allowed on the pool deck before the designated start time and that all boats and gear must be removed from the pool deck promptly at the designated end time.